Students can now use their Google Classroom Mobile app to take notes.
Write notes on your work
Classroom’s drawing tools allow you to draw on your assignments. The tools allow you to underline words, highlight text, draw shapes, and leave notes. For example, you can highlight a topic sentence, color a map, sketch a plant cell, or show your work on a math problem.
You can draw on Google Docs, images, PDFs, and Microsoft® Office® documents.
Note: Drawing tools are only available in the Classroom mobile app for Android and iOS®.
- Tap Classroom .
- Tap the class and tap the assignment.
- To write or draw on a file your teacher attached, tap the thumbnail to open it.
- To write or draw on a file you created, attach an item.
- To write or draw on a blank file, tap New Docs, New Slides, New Sheets, or New PDF.
- Choose an option:
- To write on your work, tap Pen . See below for details on the drawing tools.
- To open your work in Drive, tap Open .
- To go back, tap Back .
- Tap Save to save your work.
Important: Drafts aren’t automatically saved. If you leave the screen or tap Back , you’ll lose your work.
Classroom saves files in 2 ways:
- If the original file was a Google Doc or Microsoft Office document, the edited file is saved as a PDF.
- If the original file was an image or PDF, the edited file replaces the original file.